Emergency Food Pantry
MCC’s Emergency Food Pantry provides staples (consisting of a 3 to 5 day supply of food) to nearly 10,000 people per year. In addition, we provide diapers and formula to at-risk infants, as well as supplemental commodity boxes for targeted elderly and eligible women with children. Notably, the pantry provides culturally appropriate food to Hmong, Lao and Latino families – all while communicating in their native languages.
In May of 2013 our Emergency Food Pantry became one of the city’s only Choice Pantries. Now clients choose what they take home. Offering choice along with culturally appropriate food is working as clients choose items instead of receiving a box of pre-selected food.
- 4964 people visited the Emergency Food Pantry
- We distributed diapers to 332 infants
- Provided infant formula to 138 families
- Supplied 683 stock boxes through the Commodity Supplemental Food Program
- Services are provided for emergencies only
- Client must live within pantry serving area
- Pantry may be used no more than every 30 days
- Client must have a photo ID
- Client must have proof of current address
- Proof of family size is needed: ID, social security card, forward card, etc.
- A current WIC book or birth certificate is required for infant formula
Pantry Serving Area:
West of 13th Street; East of 43rd Street
South of Pierce Street; North of College Avenue
Food Pantry Hours:
Monday through Thursday: 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Location: 807 S. 14th Street
Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)
(Tuesdays & Thursdays - 9:00 a.m. to 12 noon)
The following individuals are eligible to receive a CSFP food box. All must be low income and show proof of Milwaukee county residency.
- Seniors age 60 and older
- 5 year old children (eligibility ceases once the child turns 6 years old)
- Post-partum women with infants between 6 and 12 months old (eligibility ceases once the child turns a year old)
Commodity boxes are distributed on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon.
back to top